Following are the top 10 places to visit in India during Navratri and Durga Puja and Dussehra.
- Delhi- The most famous in Delhi is the Ramlila Maidan.
- Maharashtra – In Mumbai, the nights are musical, grounds are flanked with people clad in colourful dresses.
- Jammu- If you are looking for a spiritual experience, visit Katra during the Navratri festival.
- Chattisgarh- The tribal area of Bastar celebrates Dussehra like none of the other states does.
- Karnataka- Don’t miss the procession of beautifully adorned elephants on the decorated streets of Mysore.
- Uttar Pradesh – Varanasi aka Kashi glows with festive fervour during Navratri.
- Himachal Pradesh -There are many Durga temples here. Visit anywhere to get the feel of Durga Puja.
- Uttarakhand-Temples of Naina Devi, Kasar Devi, Dhari Devi, Mansa Devi and Chandi Devi are a must-visit place at this time of the year.
- West Bengal- The rituals of sindoor khela, visarjan etc. are a few highlights of this bright festival.
- Gujarat- Ahmedabad, Baroda, Surat, Gandhinagar and Patan are worth visiting during the fest.
You may also like to read