Continuing from my earlier post ….Life is a peach. Following are some recipes with peach you will relish.
Peach Nougat Delight
Ingredients: 400 gms whipped cream,
500 gms canned peaches, chilled,
1 cup sugar,
¾ cup broken cashew nuts,
600 ml milk (3 cups),
1 tin condensed milk,
1 tsp. vanilla essence,
5 tbsp. Cornflour,
6 tbsp. Sugar,
And ½ tsp. nutmeg.
To make the praline, melt the sugar in a heavy-based pan until golden, mix the cashews, spread on a greased flat baking tray, allow to cool and set. Crash roughly to a powder and use. (Do not refrigerate).
To make the custard mix the milk, condensed milk, vanilla essence, cornflour, sugar and nutmeg in a saucepan and cook on a high flame stirring constantly until thickened. Cool thoroughly and use. After it is done spread a film of cling wrap on the surface to avoid a skin from forming.
Arrangement: In a glass bowl spread or pipe half the cream, arrange the peaches (halved or quartered) over it using half the quantity. Pour the custard over it and sprinkle half the praline. Layer with the balance peaches, pipe the balance cream over it using a large nozzle. Sprinkle the balance nougat and serve chilled.
You could make these individually in tall or stemmed water glasses too.
Ricotta and Maple Peaches
6 peaches halved and stoned
2 tbsp. maple syrup
1 tbsp. rosemary sprigs
6 sprigs thyme
Extra virgin oil to drizzle
200 gms ricotta
- Preheat the oven to 18C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Lightly brush a grilling pan with oil and heat on a medium flame
- Lightly brush the peach halves, cut side up with the maple syrup.
- Cook on the grill for 2 minutes until lightly charred.
- Transfer the peaches to the lined baking tray and sprinkle the rosemary and thyme sprigs.
- Drizzle with a little olive oil and bake for 5-10 minutes until just tender and heated through.
- Top the peaches with the ricotta, season with fresh black pepper if desired and serve immediately.
Tahini Chicken and Peach Summer Salad
2 Chicken breast fillets (250 gms each)
1 tsp garlic paste
Pinch of salt and fresh pepper
80 ml lemon juice
2 ½ tbsp. Tahini
1 large can canned peaches drained and rinsed.
2 tbsp. Olive oil,
1 cup mint leaves roughly torn
120 gms or 1 packed rocket leaves
1 large dark green skin cucumber, thinly sliced diagonally
4 radishes, trimmed and thinly sliced
1 tsp honey
½ tsp chilli flakes
1 tbsp. Pistachios, roughly chopped.
- Use a large sharp knife and cut the chicken breasts horizontally to have 4 thin pieces.
- Combine the garlic paste, salt, and pepper, 2 tablespoons of the lemon juice, 1 tablespoon of tahini and olive oil in a bowl and mix well.
- Add the chicken and turn to coat well, cover with cling film and keep in the fridge for half an hour.
- Heat a grilling pan on medium high, cook the chicken fillets on each side for about 4-6 minutes until lightly charred and cooked through. Keep aside.
- Meanwhile, combine the mint, rocket, cucumber and radish in a large salad bowl.
- Whisk the honey, chilli flakes and the remaining tahini and lemon juice in a small bowl.
- Cut the chicken into strips and cut the pieces into quarters.
- Add them to the salad along with the dressing and toss well to combine.
- Sprinkle the chopped pistachios and serve.
Tip: Mix a little olive oil with the peaches to coat them and char grill them for a rustic look.
[bctt tweet=”3 #Peach #recipes you will relish” username=”wizmagic1″]