I came across this yummy recipe, and would like to share it with you
For the cupcakes:
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 heaping teaspoon of grated lime zest
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract
- 1 cup sweetened coconut flakes
For the frosting:
- 140 grams (approx. 10 1 oz. squares) white chocolate
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 4 cups icing (confectioner’s) sugar, sifted
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 4 tablespoons sour cream
- coconut flakes for garnish (optional)
To make the cupcakes:
Grease or line muffin tins and set aside. Preheat oven to 350°F.
Make buttermilk by stirring the lemon juice into the skim milk. Set aside.
In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
Cream together the butter and sugar in the large bowl of a stand mixer on medium speed (3-4 minutes). Reduce the mixer speed to low, and beat in the eggs one at a time. Add in the lime zest, lime juice, and vanilla paste (or extract), and mix well.
Add 1/3 of the flour mixture to the butter mixture, mixing to combine. Then add 1/2 of the buttermilk, mixing until well combined. Then add another 1/3 of the flour mixture, the remaining half of the buttermilk, and then the final 1/3 of the flour mixture – mixing well after each addition.
Fold in the coconut.
Scoop the cupcake mix into the prepared muffin tins, filling each well about 2/3 full. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a cake tester inserted into the center of the cupcakes comes out clean. Allow the cupcakes to cool completely on a wire rack.
To make the frosting:
Carefully melt the chocolate in a heat-proof bowl over a pot of simmering water. Remove from the heat and cool until just warm.
Whip the butter in the bowl of a stand mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy (3-4 minutes). Add in 2 cups of the icing sugar, mixing on low until the mixture starts to come together. Add in the remaining icing sugar, lime juice, and sour cream, mixing until smooth. Gently fold in the white chocolate.
Frost the cupcakes when they are cool, and garnish with coconut flakes if desired.
Recipe courtesy- Dilnaz Kain