We have termed earth as our mother, as she has stood by us for centuries as a source of belief and guidance. You don’t have to be a religious person to spiritually feel and come to terms with our part in the universe, the Earth, our only home.
It is very important to know where we came from, as it will make it clear for us to know where we will go. We have prospered due to our technological genius, but at the same time has also alienated us from the world of Nature.
The International Mother Earth Day, this year in 2018
The issues are many – we live in an environment that works hard to put us under stress, the pace at which we are going is often at times faster than our lives, noise levels are far beyond bearable decibel levels, the pollution higher and the environment beyond conducive.
The International Mother Earth Day is being observed on the 22nd of April every year reminding us that it is the Earth and its ecosystem that provides us with life and sustenance. It calls to recognize a collective responsibility to encourage and promote harmony with nature and thereby the Earth.
This year in 2018, the focus is on to “End Plastic Pollution”, to create support for a global effort in order to eliminate the use of plastic and regulate means in plastic use and plastic waste disposal. This awareness is aimed to convey and educate people around the globe to about the numerous health and other risks associated with the use and disposal of plastics which includes pollution of oceans and water resources, dangers to wildlife and other related serious global health issues.
Motivating People to save the Earth
Mother Earth has her needs too. Here are some campaigns that we can collectively participate in to support, protect, nurture and motivate our environment. Let’s take steps to do our bit. Although believing that every day of the year should be Earth Day, let’s ourselves take the first step forward.
- Clean out Your Wardrobes and Donate to a Charity: do you really know that manufacturing new clothes needs more energy and water? And at the same time, there are many in this world who don’t have the resources to buy new ones and even have one also. It is a great idea to empty your closets and donate the ones to the local charity which you might not have even seen for years.
Do this and for sure you will feel good about it, and also who receive them will be thankful and bless you for this action of yours.
- Educate and initiate people on Compost: just imagine how much trash we individually make every year. Composting is a great way to use the things in your refrigerator that you don’t use and therefore eliminating waste. Keep a container or a bin at your home or in the garden and collect items like fruit and vegetable scraps, eggshells, plant clips, dry leaves, newspapers shredded and straws, and the outcome is a soil conditioner that is rich in nutrients, and can be used for gardens, landscaping, horticulture, urban agriculture and organic farming.
Trust Basket Trustbin (Set Of Two 14 Ltrs Bins)-Indoor Compost Bin For Converting All Kinds Of Kitchen Food Waste Into Fertilizer
Do this yourself and encourage others to do it. A great and valuable way to get rid of wastes.
- Plant Trees: might sound like a bit melancholic, but is perhaps one of the best ways to appreciate mother earth and the environment. The fact is that global warming is a result of the buildup of greenhouse gasses like carbon dioxide and methane in the atmosphere thereby trapping heat. Trees have great abilities to suck up these gasses and making the environment cooler and conducive.
Root Bridges Indoor Golden Money Plant
Plant a tree and encourage others to do it, and just imagine a tree a person – how much difference can it actually make to the atmosphere.
- A day without your Car: make a choice today to leave for work or any other activity without your car and taking other means of public transport, biking or even cycling. Just imagine how much will you alone can contribute to the atmosphere by relieving it from pollution and higher greenhouse gas emissions. Your health and the environment will both benefit.
You may also like
- Say no to Plastic Bags: a symbol of the disposable consumer society, single-use plastic bags are a major threat to the environment and all water bodies. Plastic bags once thrown in the ground takes centuries to degenerate and never decomposes into the soil.
Multipurpose Shopping Bag – Cotton Tote Bag with Zipper Closure & Double Handles
Keep a bag made out of jute or cotton and never insist for a plastic bag if you don’t need one. If you have purchased a single item, carry by hand and never throw away the old plastic bags carelessly.
‘Civilization is rooted in nature, which has shaped human culture and influenced all artistic and scientific achievement, and living in harmony with nature gives a man the best opportunities for the development of his creativity, and for rest and recreation.’
– By the World Charter of Nature.
Rajiv Seharawat is a man who wears many feathers on his hat. He is a one-man army and runs the whole show. He is in his Diet Clinic Health Care Pvt. Ltd. He is visiting his Franchise outlets and happily giving time to his friends and others and motivating everyone to do the best in their life.
You may like to read Mother Earth – Best Places of Interest