Every year on June 1 World Milk Day is observed. The campaign was initiated by the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations to recognize the importance of milk. The day was first celebrated in 2001 all across the world.
- Loaded with nutrients like protein, Vitamin A, B1, B2, B12, and D, potassium, and magnesium, it is believed to be much more nutritious than most beverages.
- Milk has been recognized as an important part of our daily diet, across all cultures.
- Be it in our daily cup of tea and coffee or in shakes, smoothies and ice cream, milk has numerous uses but is most often enjoyed alone. This is probably because milk is regarded as a complete meal.
- Every day our cows graze slowly, while the world changes at an increasing speed. The member dairy farmers of FrieslandCampina take good care of their cattle.
- A collaboration with the NY Times’ T-Brand Studio and MilkPEP, this short film takes us behind the scenes of how milk gets to tables around the country, from the cow to your glass. Shot on location at Silver Spring Farms and Byrne Dairy in Syracuse, New York.
The Story of Milk
World Milk Day events are happening across the globe. If you wish to know about these events happening near you, please click here