Even musicians & artists need work visas or permits for offshore tour

“If you’re about to depart from home country to show-off your talent, passport & necessary travel documents are a must”

It’s about time your music band had the amazing chance to roam around the world and prove that your voice can make a difference. You’ve probably been eyeing for an opportunity to sing along with the local Caribbean in the best natural setting! If yes, then remember that anyone visiting a foreign state either for work or any other matter requires legal permit like St Kitts and Nevis passport.

St Kitts Nevis, work visa
Image credit- https://www.savoryandpartners.com/citizenship-investment-programs/st-kitts-and-nevis/second-passport/

Whether its work permit or work visa you require for the tour would depend on the destination and the type of citizenship you currently hold. Do remember that a work visa is different from a passport in a way that international travel across your home country requires a passport card for states granting visa-free access to the current travel document. A full passport is required for countries other than those accessible on passport card. Be sure the passport you hold is up to date which is quite obvious!

When you need a work permit?

Geography aside, there’re many different factors that would decide on the need of a work permit. The number of shows you’ll be playing, the expected amount of money (in total) you’ll earn and duration of the tour are all considered. In some cases, the group organizing the entire tour would also require you have a permit to participate and play.

For instance, if you’re a non-Caribbean performer traveling to one of the islands such as St. Kitts and Nevis to participate in one of their local festivals, you’d require a work visa. Similarly, the local Caribbean traveling to international countries for public occasions and shows, a work permit is always required.

What do you need to apply for a work visa?

The first point of contact to determine the likelihood of a work permit is the official embassy’s website for the country you’re planning to visit. Browse the website, leave your queries or chat online with an agent and you’ll likely to get the relevant information concerning applications, paperwork and various details corresponding to the citizens of your country.

It must be noted that music and entertainment industry relevant work permits and visas are managed in a different way, unlike the usual permits and so on. Be sure to carefully check all such details and valuable information for these specific visas thereby proceeding on track right from the start.

In case you’re playing a single-time event, perhaps a charity festival or any other, better contact the festival organizers directly to know about the particular type of visas that may or may not be required. Don’t forget querying about the total fees and other payoffs associated directly with the application!

How long would it take?

Another aspect worth remembering is of some countries charging for application as well as the issuance of the work permit which means extra expense. And all those applying for passport or work visas for the first time should exercise patience as it can take a while for complete processing of all the documents.


Now that you’re well aware of the critical details, apply for St. Kitts and Nevis passport with confidence.

You may also like to read Reasons why restaurant industry will flourish in 2018

Share this

1 thought on “Even musicians & artists need work visas or permits for offshore tour”

Comments are closed.

Scroll to Top