March 8th is celebrated annually as Woman’s Day throughout the globe. This day is dedicated to honouring women for their contribution to their personal and professional lives. They dote on their children, run a household like a queen, and lead teams as bosses at work! There is no concept of a ‘time-out’ for them. Let’s treat them like the queens they truly are. Brothers, Fathers, Husbands, Kids and family alike can join hands and cook up a storm for the women in their lives.
Some of these quick and fun recipes include:
- Macaroni with Creamy Corn and Nachos
1 tbsp Olive Oil
3 Garlic Cloves (Chopped)
1 Onion (small. Chopped)
50 g Corns
1 tsp Black Pepper Powder
100 ml Hot Pasta Stock
60 g Dr. Oetker FunFoods Mayonnaise Veg (4 Tbsp)
120 g Macaroni (Boiled)
20 – 25 g Nachos (8-10 pcs., Jalapeno flavour)
50 g Cheese (Processed, grated)
- Heat oil in a nonstick pan (low flame) add garlic, onion and cook for 30 seconds or until onion, gets caramelize. Add corn and sauté for 1 minute. Season it with salt and pepper.
- Add pasta stock to above vegetables and stir. Take the pan away from flame, add mayonnaise and stir well. Bring it back to flame and let it simmer for 1 minute or until sauce thickens.
- Add pasta to above sauce and toss well.
- For Assembling- Place nachos around the plate, add above pasta in the middle and sprinkle cheese on top. Serve.
Preparation time: 15 Minutes
- Spicy Mexican Style Wraps
6 Portion Chapattis
30g Butter (2 tbsp.)
150g Onions (2 small, finely chopped)
100g Green Bell Peppers (1 medium, finely chopped)
150g Tomatoes (2 small, finely chopped)
45g Dr. Oetker FunFoods Salsa (3 tbsp.)
- In a non-stick pan shallow fry the chapatis in butter from both sides until they are crispy.Make medium size balls from above mixture and keep them aside.
- In a bowl add salsa, capsicum, onion and tomato. Mix well.
- Spread the above mixture on the chapattis. Roll up. Serve hot.
Preparation time: 5 Minutes
Cooking Time: 15 Minutes
- Peanut Butter Cake
100g Dr. Oetker FunFoods Eggless Cake Mix Chocolate
150g Butter (melted)
100g Dr. Oetker FunFoods Peanut Butter Crunchy
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Mix melted butter, bake mix and water.
- Grease and flour a 7 inch (18cm) dia. baking pan and pour batter in.
- Bake at 180°C for 30 minutes until a toothpick, inserted in the centre, comes out clean.
- Leave to cool for 15 minutes and place cake on serving plate. Spread peanut butter and cut as per choice. Serve
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Recipes curated by Gaurav Chadha, in-house Chef Dr. Oetker India are sure to strike the right chord!